Ontario Construction Report staff writer
Here is the list of construction related businesses that can continue following the most recent provincial government order.
- Construction projects and services associated with the healthcare sector, including new facilities, expansions, renovations and conversion of spaces that could be repurposed for health care space.
- Construction projects and services required to ensure safe and reliable operations of, or to provide new capacity in, critical provincial infrastructure, including transit, transportation, energy and justice sectors beyond the day-to-day maintenance.
- Critical industrial construction activities required for,
◦ the maintenance and operations of petrochemical plants and refineries,
◦ significant industrial petrochemical projects where preliminary work has already commenced,
◦ industrial construction and modifications to existing industrial structures limited solely to work necessary for the production, maintenance, and/or enhancement of Personal Protective Equipment, medical devices (such as ventilators), and other identified products directly related to combatting the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Residential construction projects where,
◦ a footing permit has been granted for single family, semi-detached and townhomes
◦ an above grade structural permit has been granted for condominiums, mixed use and other buildings, or
◦ the project involves renovations to residential properties and construction work was started before April 4, 2020.
- Construction and maintenance activities necessary to temporarily close construction sites that have paused or are not active and to ensure ongoing public safety.