Career opportunity: Executive Director, St Catharines, ON
The Niagara Construction Association (NCA) established in 1952, is seeking an experienced Executive Director.
As the ideal candidate you will have had previous experience as an Operations Manager or Executive Director, and will be knowledgeable with issues that affect the construction industry specifically within the Niagara Region. You are capable of representing the NCA both provincially and federally, advocating for its members and the Niagara construction industry. Reporting to the Board of Directors, you will be acting on behalf of NCA members to develop relationships with external constituents, including school boards, universities and colleges, all levels of government, other construction associations and media. With a proven ability to bring in revenue you will be the primary driving force for increasing membership, retention of existing members, marketing programs, training and events.
You have a business degree or diploma, along with a minimum of 5 years’ experience at a senior level in a not-for-profit association that has or had some construction related relationships or dealings. Coupled with this you understand the importance of membership retention, growth, and satisfaction, along with a knowledge of local and provincial challenges as they pertain to the construction industry. You are comfortable with and knowledgeable about dealing with the media, social media, event planning, education and training.
- Promote the NCA brand within the Association’s service area while enhancing the industry profile.
- Represent the NCA at meetings relating to our industry or changes within our industry with school boards, universities and colleges, health care sector, all levels of government and other construction associations.
- Provide leadership to enable the NCA’s continued growth, develop new areas of potential growth while ensuring existing quality products and services remain relevant.
- Report on industry trends; provide recommendations from industry research.
- Maintain effective public relations with all media and promote the NCA wherever possible.
- Collaborate with the General Manager in order to meet annual budgets and achieve the financial goals of the Association.
- Provide leadership and direction in the administration of local, provincial and federal issues that affect our Association.
- Implement and administer the policies and procedures as required by the Board of Directors.
- Ensure timely communication with member companies through regular one on one contact, newsletters and information meetings.
- Attend all Director’s and Executive meetings in order to report on current and ongoing issues within the industry.
- Set up and maintain business social media accounts with the goal of promoting the NCA, keeping in touch with members and potential members through the development of social media platforms.
- Update site with industry information from all levels of government.
Please provide your resume, along with a covering letter outlining your salary expectations and your reasons for applying. A resume alone will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Diploma/Certificate
Please send resumes and cover letters to senior HR consultant Jackie Hamond at JHammond@donaldsonjames.com