Several farm construction projects have received recognition in the annual Canadian Farm Building Association’s (CFBA) annual awards competition.
HFH Inc. won the best overall project of the year for a “robotic dairy barn, and won in several other categories.
The “robotic dairy barn” was designed by Stonecrest Engineering and HFH, and engineered by Stonecrest.
“There was also excitement surrounding a three way tie for the award in the Horse II category; Dutch Masters, Gara Farm Buildings, and HFH Inc. all received an award in this category,” writes CFBA general manager Sally Akroyd Bombino.
Voting for the best entries in each category was though a “People’s Choice” model at the CFBA’s annual conference in late January.
Category winners included:
- Horse I Award – POST Farm Structures
- Horse II Award – Dutch Masters, Gara Farm Buildings Inc.and HFH Inc. (three way tie)
- Hobby/Recreational Award – Frey Building Contractors
- Dairy Award – HFH Inc.
- Farm Storage Award – HFH Inc.
- Swine Award – HFH Inc.
- Other Livestock Award — POST Farm Structures
- Poultry Award – Bender Contracting
- Commercial/Institutional Award – Gara Farm Buildings Inc.