The June issues of Ontario Construction Report and Ottawa Construction News have been published. You can view the stories within the publications through links at the respective websites or, if you are receiving the Ontarioconstructionreport.com weekly eletter, clicking at the sidebar images.
Here is the link to the page turning software version of June’s Ontario Construction Report.
Also see stories updated at the daily Ontario Construction News site.
Topics in this issue include:
- COVID-19 speeds up shift to online learning for apprentice carpenters;
- Giovanni Cautillo to take helm at OGCA, replacing Clive Thurston;
- Major owners playing fast and loose with prompt payment requirements, refusing to pay extra COVID-19 costs — OGCA;
- COVID-19 contract language: Should the contractor take all the risk?
- DICAN continues to provide top-quality customer service through 20 years of growth (special feature);
- Most ODACC adjudicators out of pocket as dispute resolution system gains traction; and
- RFQ’s issued for Toronto’s Ontario Line, but subway construction will be impacted by COVID-19.