The Ontario Road Builders’ Association (ORBA) says it is now offering to both members and non-members a full range of online courses in construction through its partnership with Buildforce Canada.
A wide variety of courses are offered under the topics of business management, health and safety, supervisor training as well as the Construction Industry Ethics course, which is now compulsory for Gold Seal Certification. Gold Seal is a national program which certifies industry estimators, superintendents, project managers and safety officers as construction professionals. Course fees range from $100 to $400.
“Offering the online courses provides the industry a continuous learning opportunity that is both economical and convenient, as the courses can be taken at any time,” said Geoff Wilkinson, ORBA’s chief operating officer. “Expanding our educational offerings also helps our members and the industry to raise the bar in terms of quality, and that is our ultimate goal.”
Current available courses include:
- Construction Industry Ethics
- First Level Supervisor Training Program
- Confined Spaces Safety Awareness
- National Construction Safety Awareness
- Pipeline Construction Safety Training
- Communications, Negotiation, Conflict Resolution
- Construction Law
- Construction Project Management
- Introduction to Building Information Modeling
- Introduction to Construction Estimating
For full details about the online courses go to ORBA’s website, orba.org/onlinecourses.