Ontario Construction Report staff writer
Waterfront Toronto has announced the shortlist of proponents for the Quayside Development.
In May, 10 submissions to the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) were received.
“The number and quality of submissions is a clear indication that Toronto’s waterfront remains a desirable development destination, and that Quayside can and will contribute to the province’s post-pandemic recovery,” Waterfront Toronto said in a July statement.
Four proponents were selected to proceed to the Request for Proposals stage, including:
Hines Canada Management II ULC
- Lead Developer: Hines Canada with Tridel Builders Inc.
- Lead Architect: Fosters + Partners
KMT Quayside Developments Inc.
- Lead Developer: Kilmer, Mattamy and Tricon
- Lead Architect: MVRDV, Cobe
Quayside Impact LP
- Lead Developer: Dream Unlimited Corp. and Great Gulf
- Lead Architect: Adjaye Associates, Alison Brooks Architects, Henning Larsen
The Daniels Corporation and Hullmark Developments Ltd.
- Lead Developer: The Daniels Corporation and Hullmark Developments
- Lead Architect: Diamond Schmitt Architects Inc.
The Quayside Development Opportunity is a 12-acre area located at the foot of Parliament Street and Lake Shore Boulevard East in Toronto. Waterfront Toronto launched an international Request for Qualifications (RFQ) on March 10, 2021.