Special to Ontario Construction Report
The Waterloo Region Home Builders’ Association (WRHBA) has announced the winners of the association’s 18th annual Sales and Marketing (SAM) Awards of Distinction . The awards were presented at a grand gala event that attracted 425 industry and community leaders, dignitaries, and supporters.
“Both large and small home builders from across the region were well represented in the winners’ circle,” said Stephanie Lake, WRHBA’s event and marketing co-ordinator. This year 90 awards were presented to representatives of virtually every sector of the industry.
“The awards are regional in scope and aim to showcase the commitment and dedication to the high standards that WRHBA member companies endeavor to uphold,” said WRHBA executive officer Marie Schroeder. “As our region continues to grow so does the residential development and construction industry which remains as one of the largest economic driving forces in our region, and as such, it deserves recognition. Developers, builders and renovators are the ones on the ground executing — and they continually strive to deliver, design and plan vibrant, livable complete communities that provide a mix of uses and spaces for people to enjoy. The SAM Awards is the association’s way of celebrating this dynamic sector that provides homes for thousands of residents and jobs for tens of thousands”.
WRHBA president Kevin Watts said: “WRHBA’s 250 members don’t just build houses, they build communities – they are among the most creative in this region and you can see from tonight’s line-up of entries, finalists and winners that they do an exceptional job and they deserve to be recognized. This evening provided an excellent opportunity for builders, renovators and all WRHBA members to come together and celebrate their achievements from the past year; all finalists and award winners are to be applauded for their outstanding accomplishments/”
The competition is open to all WRHBA members. Here is the list:
- Grand SAM Builder of the Year – Single Detached Home,Hawksview Homes Ltd.
- Grand SAM Builder of the Year – Multi-Unit Home, Eastforest Homes Ltd.
- Grand SAM reurbanization project, Eastforest Homes Ltd., Carriage Lanes
- Grand SAM Built Green, Milla Homes, The Laurel Creek
- Bill Gies Presidential Award, Past President (2012-2013) Brian Campbell, Stantec Consulting Ltd.
- Builder Member of the Yea, Eastforest Homes Ltd.
- Associate Member of the Year. Andy Oding, Building Knowledge Canada Inc.
- Lyle S. Hallman Award, Douglas Stewart, Stantec Consulting Ltd.
- Vic Sellner Award, Strassburger Windows and Doors
- Call a Member First Award, Activa Holdings Inc.
- 25 Year Member Award: McCarter Grespan Beynon Weir LLP, Nellis Construction Ltd.
- Most Outstanding Industry Partner, Riverside Door & Trim Inc.
- Most Outstanding Two Storey Design (Single Detached Home Up To 2,500 sq. ft.), Forest Park Homes, Langdon II
- Most Outstanding Two Storey Design (Single Detached Home 2,501 to 3,500 sq. ft.), Hawksview Homes Ltd., The Stonefield
- Most Outstanding Single Detached Design (3,501 sq. ft. and Over)Milla Homes, The Laurel Creek
- Most Outstanding Low Rise Multi-Unit Design (Up to 2,000 sq. ft.), Eastforest Homes Ltd., Somerset
- Most Outstanding Low Rise Multi-Unit Design (2,001 sq. ft. and over), Capital Homes Inc., Sims Villa – Unit 1
- Best New Homes Sales Office, Mattamy Homes Ltd., Wildflowers
- Best Interior Decorating – Model Home/Suite (under $30,000), Dunsire Developments Inc., Cascade
- Best Interior Decorating – Model Home/Suite (over $30,000), Hawksview Homes Ltd., The Stonefield
- Most Outstanding Home Renovation or Conversion (under $100,000), Pioneer Craftsmen Ltd., Double Transformation
- Most Outstanding Home Renovation or Conversion (over $100,000), Pioneer Craftsmen Ltd., Chic & Sophisticated
- Most Outstanding Indoor or Outdoor Living Space (new or renovated), Slotegraaf Construction Inc., Classics Garage
- Most Outstanding Kitchen (In a Home up to 2,000 sq. ft.), Dunsire Developments Inc., Cascade
- Most Outstanding Kitchen (In a Home 2,001 to 3,000 sq. ft.), Hawksview Homes Ltd., The Stonefield
- Most Outstanding Kitchen (In a Home 3,001 sq. ft. and over), D. Lesic Designs Ltd., The Maroma
- Most Outstanding Bathroom (in a home up to 2,500 sq. ft.), Eastforest Homes Ltd., The Ruby
- Most Outstanding Bathroom (in a home 2,501 sq. ft. and over), Hawksview Homes Ltd., The Stonefield
- Best Colour Ad, Hawksview Homes Ltd., Meet Our Sales Team
- Best Project Logo, Eastforest Homes Ltd., Carriage Lanes
- Best Project Sales Brochure, Mattamy Homes, Wildflowers
- Best Project Signage, Eastforest Homes Ltd., Baden Country Estates
- Best Advertising Campaign, Fusion Homes, Celebrity Designer Included
- Best Website, Cityview Homes Inc., wwwcityviewhomes.ca
- Best Corporate Logo, Activa Group
- Best Corporate Brochure, Pioneer Craftsmen Ltd., Inspired Renovations