Infrastructure Ontario (IO), on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation, says it has released a bid call to 10 prequalified contractors to build the new Centre for Excellence in Transportation Infrastructure (CETI) in North York.
IO says in a statement that it has prequalified 10 contractors with the construction capability to deliver a project of this size and scope. They are:
- Aquicon Construction Company Ltd.
- Bird Construction Group
- Bondfield Construction Company Ltd.
- Buttcon Ltd.
- Eastern Construction Company Ltd.
- Elite Construction Inc.
- Graham Group Ltd.
- Ira McDonald Construction Ltd.
- Stuart Olson Inc.
- Urbacon Buildings Group Corp.
The project involves the construction of a 78,250 sq. ft. laboratory and administrative space and a 6,890 sq. ft., one-storey garage for storage of vehicular testing equipment.
The project also includes:
- Associated site serving work;
- construction of a parking area;
- mechanical and electrical systems; and
- installation of built-in equipment such as environmental chambers, a concrete mixer and compression machine.
IO says interested parties who wish to partner on this project are encouraged to reach out directly to the prequalified contractors. The call for bids is expected to close in Sept. 2017. Once submissions are received, they will be evaluated and a successful bidder will be selected. Construction will follow shortly thereafter.
The project will be constructed through the direct delivery, stipulated sum model.