What does the future hold for business development for architectural, engineering and construction businesses and practices?
Paula Ryan, president of the Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS), will provide some answers and insights at a presentation in Toronto on Feb. 24.
She will discuss the the of a major research initiative by the SMPS Foundation, which interviewed 100 industry stakeholders and executives from AEC firms, SMPS Ontario said in an announcement.
These interviews sought answers to questions including:
- What business development tactics are effective?
- What are owners looking for?
- What trends are emerging that will impact and change how business development is conducted in coming years?
- Do owners want seller-doers or is there a role for non-technical business developers?
- What has changed in the dynamic between the AEC firms and owners.
- “Whether you are a firm owner or principal, market leader, business developer or marketer, the study provides a look toward the future of the AEC industry and identifies key forces that will impact business development in the coming decades.”
Attendance (with appetizers and drinks) is $35.00 for SMPS Ontario members, and $45 for non-members. The program takes places at Arup, 2 Bloor St.E. Suite 2400.
Mark Buckshon, president of the Construction News and Report Group of Companies, which publishes Ontario Construction Report, will attend the event and interview Ryan for an upcoming article in the SMPS Marketer, the association’s magazine. If you are in Toronto and would like to connect with Buckshon, you can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (888) 627-8717 (ext 224).