Female leaders who have made an impact in Canada’s infrastructure industry will be recognized during the 4th Women’s Infrastructure Network Awards, with a reception slated for April 12 in various locations across six cities. However, WIN is holding the flagship ceremony in KPMG’s office at 333 Bay Street, Toronto.
Each year, the organization receives more than a hundred nominations but only two winners are selected to be awarded as Outstanding Leader and Emerging Leader.
“These awards aim to celebrate excellence… and further support our mission to recognize women as leaders in this growing field in which historically women have been under-represented,” states WIN in its official website.
Nominations are still welcome until Feb. 21. Consent and nomination forms must be completed to submit an entry, with the following attached documents: a statement of support showing how the nominee meets the criteria; a short biography; two letters of support from industry members; and a high-resolution photo measuring at least 600 px wide and 900 px tall.
Entries can be made by either the nominees themselves or another person. The five nominees who are short-listed will receive two free tickets each. Extra ones can be purchased as soon as sales begin in March.
A nominee should generally be a Canadian resident of at least one year working in a role related to the infrastructure industry. Specific criteria for each award are as follows:
- Outstanding Leader Award
- Succeeds in her work field
- Actively participates in both professional and local communities
- Maintains a good standing with present and previous organizations
- Contributes to the professional development of women in the sector
- Serves as a strong role model
- Emerging Leader Award
- Has less than 15 years of industry experience and/or is aged below 40
- Makes professional contributions that are outstanding and/or one-of-a-kind
- Supports the advancement of women in the field
- Keeps an active community involvement
- Shows potential of being a good industry leader
Additionally, winners get to choose the recipients of WIN’s scholarships for 2018. Nominations are made through the organization’s official website and will be reviewed by an independent panel of judges.