Infrastructure Ontario (IO) says five companies have been invited to compete for the contract to build and finance the Brockville General Hospital Redevelopment Project.
IO and the hospital started the Request for Qualifications process in June, 2015, identifying the “teams with the construction and financial capacity to deliver a project of this size and scope.” They are:
- EllisDon Corporation;
- M. Sullivan and Son, Ltd.;
- PCL Constructors Canada, Inc.;
- Pomerleau Inc.; and
- Walsh Canada.
The project will consolidate programs and services currently offered at the Garden and Charles Street sites to the Charles Street site. The project involves a combination of new construction and renovations, including a new four-storey tower that will accommodate:
- 29 mental health beds;
- 32 complex continuing care and palliative care beds;
- 32 inpatient rehabilitation and restorative care beds (The changes result in a net increase of 22 beds); and
- support services such as food services and environmental services and facilities.
Once the RFP submissions are received, IO and Brockville General Hospital will evaluate the submissions and select the successful bidder. The winning bidder is expected to be announced in early 2018, with construction to follow shortly thereafter.