The February issues of Ontario Construction Report and Ottawa Construction News have been published. You can view the stories within the publications through links at the respective websites or, if you are receiving the Ontarioconstructionreport.com weekly eletter, clicking at the sidebar images.
Also see stories updated at the daily Ontario Construction News site.
Topics in this issue include:
- Demolition of century-old heritage buildings in Toronto temporarily halted by judicial order;
- OCS-sponsored study confirms ‘Union Safety Effect’ on building trades construction sites;
- Construction industry pivots to restricted operations under COVID-19 provincial emergency regulations;
- Residential construction strong with new starts eclipsing 2019 totals;
- Ontario carpenters celebrate Black History Month with a focus on equity, diversity;
- How to build for recovery: The OGCA’s perspective;
- Builders making progress on energy-efficient construction; and
- Construction safety leaders pivoted to keep sites across Ontario open during COVID-19 pandemic.