Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx have issued a request for qualifications (RFQ) for interested parties to build and finance the Lakeshore East – West Corridor Expansion project.
The infrastructure upgrades are required to help accommodate the planned expansion of GO Transit rail service on the Lakeshore East line.
The RFQ outlines the scope of work required, which includes:
- Addition of a fourth track on the south side between the Don River Bridge and Gerrard St. shifting to the north side between Pape Ave. and Scarborough GO Station.
- Widening of bridges at: Woodbine Ave., Warden Ave. and Danforth Ave.
- Widening works under the Birchmount Rd. Bridge.
- New station building and platform changes at Danforth GO Station.
- Retaining walls.
- Three culvert extensions: east of Coxwell Avenue (Mile 329.50), east of Kennedy Road. (Mile 325.74) and Scarborough Junction (Mile 325.55).
The RFQ is the first step in the procurement process to select a team to deliver the project. IO and Metrolinx will evaluate submissions to prequalify project teams with the relevant construction experience and financial capacity to undertake a project of this size and complexity.
Teams that qualify will be invited to respond to a request for proposals in fall 2018. Interested companies must register with www.merx.com to download the RFQ.
Ontario is investing $21.3 billion to transform the GO rail network from a commuter transit system to a regional rapid transit system.