Infrastructure Ontario (IO) has selected Etobicoke Healthcare Partnership as the preferred proponent to design, build, finance and maintain the new Etobicoke General Hospital Phase 1 Patient Tower Project.
An IO news release says the partnership team includes:
- Developer: Axium Infrastructure Canada and DIF Infra 4 Canada Ltd.
- Constructor: Walsh Canada
- Architect: HDR Architecture Associates Inc.
- Financial advisor: Brookfield Securities LP
- Facility manager: Cofely Services Inc.
The Phase 1 Patient Tower Project, involving the construction of a new four-storey wing, will add approximately 250,000 sq. ft. of space to the existing facility and house the services most urgently needed by the Etobicoke community. Project features include:
- a larger, state of the art emergency department to better meet the community’s need for high quality emergency care
an ICU/CCU nearly four times larger than the current space;
- larger patient rooms filled with natural light that provide privacy and space to accommodate family members;
a maternal newborn unit with birthing suites and a specialized Level II nursery for patients with non-life-threatening complications; and
- an ambulatory procedures unit featuring procedure/operating rooms, pre and post-op preparation and recovery areas and dedicated clinic spaces, including a respiratory clinic
The project will focus on sustainable design and construction with the goal of achieving Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver certification.
IO and Osler will now work to finalize contract details with Etobicoke Healthcare Partnership, the news release says. The project is expected to reach commercial close and financial close in May 2016, which will mean that relevant contracts have been signed and a financing rate has been set. The contract cost will be announced publicly following financial close and construction is scheduled to begin shortly thereafter.