The January issues of Ontario Construction Report and Ottawa Construction News have been published. You can view the stories within the publications through links at the respective websites or, if you are receiving the Ontarioconstructionreport.com weekly eletter, clicking at the sidebar images.
Also see stories updated at the daily Ontario Construction News site.
Topics in this issue include:
- City of Toronto welcomes residents to first affordable modular supportive housing building;
- Tridel Builders Inc. selected for next phase of Toronto Regent Park vitalization
- 34-year-old man charged after nooses discovered at Toronto construction site;
- Overcoming construction industry racism: Effective immediate response must be coupled with ongoing initiatives, say EllisDon leaders;
- RFP issued for $11 billion Ontario Line – later completion date
- Pandemic underscores need to step up infection control training at long-term care facilities: Carpenters’ District Council of Ontario
- Clive Thurston: The value of standard form construction contracts and the problems of their abuse; and
- Barrie Council says 41-storey residential building is a ‘good compromise’ after neighbours oppose tallest tower in city’s history.