Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and the Ministry of Transportation (MTO) have released a request for qualifications (RFQ) to pre-qualify and shortlist project teams to deliver the Highway 401 expansion project.
The project is approximately 18 km. long within the western part of the Greater Toronto Area, from the Credit River in Mississauga to Regional Road 25 in Milton. It includes widening the existing six lane configuration to the following:
- 12 lane core-collector system from the Credit River to Winston Churchill Blvd.;
- 10 lanes from Winston Churchill Blvd. to Highway 407 ETR/ Highway 401 interchange;
- 12 lane core-collector system from Highway 407 ETR/Highway 401 interchange to James Snow Pkwy;
- 10 lanes from the James Snow Parkway to Regional Rd. 25;
- median High Occupancy Vehicle lanes; and
- support facilities and features – drainage, lighting, signage, ATMS, carpool lots.
IO and MTO will evaluate submissions to prequalify project teams with the relevant design, construction, and financing experience. Teams that qualify will be invited to respond to a request for proposals (RFP), which is expected to be issued in fall 2017. Interested companies can register with www.merx.com to download the RFQ.